Cultural and socio-economic development in Kosovo, through cultural activities and inclusive educational and recreational services and activities.
The “Culture for all – phase III” project, implemented by Interarts in consortium with ARCS-Arci Cultura e Sviluppo and Culture Action Europe and managed by the European Union Office in Kosovo, started in November 2014. The general objective of the project is to contribute to the cultural and socio-economic development in Kosovo, through the promotion of cultural activities understood to have to serve the wide spectrum of the different communities established and living in the country and of inclusive educational and recreational services and activities enabling increased interaction between children from different communities and backgrounds. The “Culture for all – phase III” project is addressed to Kosovo’s public and private cultural operators as well as artists, notably women.
Throughout the two years of the “Culture for all – phase III” project, the following activities have been developed:
► Support to 54 public and private operators (cultural and civil society organisations, universities, national cultural institutions, artists and cultural managers, etc.) in Kosovo for the development of cultural and artistic projects through two calls for applications launched in December 2014 and December 2015. In addition, through a separate call addressed to the film sector, the production of 2 documentaries, “Lord of the House” of Edon Rizvanolli and Danielle Bremer and “Drums of Resistance” of MB Office, and 1 short film project, “SCHATZI” of Astrit Alihajdaraj, has been supported.
► Celebration of two editions of the World Book Day on 23 and 24 April 2015 and 2016, organised in Pristina in collaboration with Artpolis (Kosovo), to promote literature and reading in the country as well as to strengthen the national publishing industry. In both editions over 200 bookstores and libraries, artists, musicians, children and young people have been involved.
► Organisation of two editions of the Pristina Open Air Music Nights on 9 and 10 October 2015 and on 21 June and on 21 September 2016, with the participation of over 50 local and regional musicians. The events have been organised in collaboration with the Municipality of Pristina (edition 2015), the Kosovo Philharmonic (edition 2016), the French Embassy in Kosovo (edition 2016) and the National Theatre of Kosovo (edition 2016).
► Organisation of the international photography exhibition “The Presence of the Real” in Pristina and Peja from 13 July to 30 September 2016, with the participation of 11 artists and in coordination with the agency INIT and in partnership with the Municipality of Peja. In the context of the exhibition the Peja’s Gallery has been renovated with the support of the “Culture for all – phase III” project.
► Support to the internationalisation and mobility of 65 artists and cultural operators through study visits and participation in international fairs, markets, festival and events such as Classical NEXT (Rotterdam 20-23 May 2015), Sarajevo Film Festival (Sarajevo, 18-23 August 2015), WOMEX (Budapest, 21-25 October 2015), MEDIMEX (Bari, 29-31 October 2015), 56th Venice Biennale (Venice, 18-22 November 2015), Who’s Next (Paris, 21-25 January 2016), BERLINALE Film Festival (Berlin, 12-17 February 2016), Premier Vision (Istanbul, 22-25 March 2016), ANNECY Film Festival (Annecy, 13-18 June 2016) and Tanzmesse (Dusseldorf, 31 August – 4 September 2016). In addition, two study visits to visit opera houses and performing arts venues in Austria and The Netherlands for the representative of the Ministry of Culture, Youth and Sport (MCYS) and the Kosovo Philharmonic were carried out in May and September 2016.
► Organisation of the regional conference “Strengthen•ing Culture” on 21 and 22 September 2016 at the National Library in Pristina and under the auspice of the MCYS with the participation of over 70 public and private, participants from Kosovo, the Balkan regional and Europe working in the field of culture, cultural policies and strategies, cultural networks, international cooperation, education, etc. The conference has offered the opportunity to share stories and practices, as well as to actively reflect on the current challenges and the potential for strengthening of culture in Balkan societies.
► 6 training and capacity building sessions of over 87 local artists, cultural operators and professionals in areas related to EU funding, animation film production, dance, light in performing arts venues and handicraft (weaving) have been carried out from 3 to 17 April, from 9 to 20 August and from 27 to 29 October 2016.
► Support to the Ministry of Culture, Youth and Sport of Kosovo (MCYS) in matters related to cultural policies and strategies. In this regard, workshops and meetings with over 50 national and municipal cultural institutions representatives as well as private cultural operators and artists have been carried out on 15 – 17 January, 22 – 23 April, 14 – 15 June and 22 – 26 August 2016 in Peja, Prizren and Pristina, Kosovo. In October 2016 the report “A Strategy for Cultural Policy in Kosovo” has been submitted to the Ministry.
► Two editions of the School Quiz and Arts Talent Show in March and April 2015 (1st edition) and March, April and May 2016 (2nd edition). 16 elementary schools from all regions of Kosovo and over 176 pupils have participated in the event. Pupils from the winning schools of the School Quiz and Arts Talent Show 2015 and 2016 have had the opportunity to visit Brussels (Belgium), Zagreb (Croatia) and Berat (Albania).
► Two editions of the Children Week Festival in September 2015 and October 2016: 29 elementary and high schools from all regions of Kosovo and over 535 pupils have been involved in the cultural activities implemented in Pristina and also in Peja for the edition 2016.
► Analysis (study) of culture as a subject within the education system in Kosovo. In this regard, workshops and meetings with national and municipal cultural institutions representatives and private cultural operators have been carried out on 12 – 13 April and 21 – 25 August 2016 in Peja, Prizren and Pristina.
3 November 2014
- To enhance the development of the cultural sector by providing assistance to public and private cultural operators which are expected to contribute to the overall economic and social development in Kosovo.
- To strengthen the cultural sector as a vector of creativity and social innovation, enhance cultural diversity and inter-cultural dialogue and to develop cultural industry as an asset for Kosovo’s economy and competitiveness.
- To support notably female artists and cultural operators in the strengthening of their capacities and visibility in the cultural scene of Kosovo.
- To increase inclusive educational and recreational activities in Kosovo by fostering interaction between children from different communities and backgrounds.
- To support the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology of Kosovo and other education stakeholders in the development of the new curriculum related to the arts.
- Support to cultural operators (public and private, university, media and civil society).
- Promotion of cross-border regional cultural cooperation and exchange including networking activities and support to mobility of cultural actors in and out of Kosovo.
- Raise the international cultural profile of Kosovo and promote the capacity-building of cultural institutions, operators and civil society organisations.
- Develop the cultural and creative industries as an asset for Kosovo’s economy and competitiveness.
- Increase of educational and recreational activities in Kosovo and promotion of interaction between children from different communities and backgrounds.
- Support to cultural and arts education in Kosovo.
Culture for all website
- ARCS-Arci Cultura e Sviluppo
- Call 2015. Info session. Photos
- Children Week Festival 2015. Photos
- Culture Action Europe
- Culture for all Facebook’s account
- Information on Kosovo Visa
- Pristina Open Air Music Nights 2015. Photos
- School Quiz/Talent Show. Photos
- Study visit to Classical NEXT 2015. Photos
- Study visit to Medimex 2015. Photos
- Study visit to Sarajevo Film Festival 2015. Photos
- Study visit to Womex 2015. Photos
- The European Union Office in Kosovo
- World Book Day 2015. Photos
- Call for applications 2015. Selected projects
- Call for applications 2016. Selected projects
- Call for documentaries and/or short films 2015. Selected projects
- Children Week Festival 2015. Agenda
- Children Week Festival 2015. Visual
- Pristina Open Air Music Night 2016. Poster
- Pristina Open Air Music Nights 2015. Program
- Study visit to Medimex 2015. Flyer
- Study visit to Sarajevo Film Festival 2015. Flyer
- Study visit to Womex 2015 & Medimex 2015. Booklet
- Study visit to Womex 2015. Flyer
- World Book Day 2015. Agenda
- World Book Day 2016. Agenda
- “Strengthening Culture” Conference Report
- “The Presence of the Real” exhibition’s catalogue