The SouthMed WiA project, in collaboration with the Royal film Commission (RFC) of Jordan, organized a Stakeholders’ meeting in Amman on March 28, to raise awareness on gender equality in the audio-visual sector.
In this meeting, the participants presented the activities and results of some of the SouthMed WiA sub-granted projects, in order to share their experiences, achievements and challenges, providing a solid base of information against gender cultural stereotypes in the region.
The subgranted projects were:
- Project I: Theatre Day Productions – Anan Terhi
- Project II: Muntada – Mjad Hammouri
- Project III: Tadwein – Amel Fahmy
- Project IV: Sashat Woman Cibema – Rabd Taweel
- Project V: Ma3mal612 – Shima Al Tal
- Project VI: Atabet Fann for Arts, Media and Training – Lina Ghanem
This event was an excellent opportunity to create synergies between different audio-visual industry players and activists, as well as to encourage the development of gender-equality patterns.
SouthMed WiA is co-funded by the European Union in the framework of the MedFilm Program. For further information about SouthMed WiA and the 6 sub-granted projects, please click on the following links.